Thursday, March 11, 2010

About the future


The things I see in future of my life are miserable, depress, and dilemma. I don't know why I am so pessimistic. There should be some light in the dark. As the saying goes, "When god closes a door, somewhere he opens a window." But, I just can't find the window.

In Taiwan, people get high graduation with high degree. Too many people got master degree or PhD. Therefore, we have a myth that people who have higher degree will find better jobs. I can't deny all of these words. A good job with high payment and respect can only be done perfectly by people with excellent abilities. However, a person who got higher degree doesn't mean they have better abilities. Nowadays, many people in Taiwan went to a postgraduate school just for degree. That is ridiculous.

I don't like research very much so I don't really want to get a master degree right now. But, if I don't go to postgraduate school, I have to get a job. It is really difficult to get a job in this economical depress. Even if I go to postgraduate school just because I don't want to find a job now, I would face the same problem when I got a master degree. What am I supposed to do then? Should I face the music and find a job, or keep avoiding to get a PhD? And what should I do when I have gotten PhD? These are really hard questions for me. But there is one thing I am sure is that when I got PhD, there will be less things that I could choose.

The reason is simple. If I got a job after I finish junior high school, I can do everything as long as the job can feed me and this kind of jobs are pretty many. However, if I am a PhD, I may not be like a waiter for living. I should be supposed to be a professor or a researcher, and if I don't good enough, I will not have any job.





No comments:

Post a Comment