Thursday, July 12, 2012

A trip to Lie Ying Jian at Mei Ling


Lie Ying Jian means a tip of falcon, which is located in Mei Ling of Nansi, Tainan, Taiwan. It is named so because it looks like an eagle standing on the top of the mountain, and it is one of the most amazing scenes that I’ve ever seen in my life. I had heard so many people recommending this place as a best site in Tainan so I went there in a lovely afternoon.

 

I parked my motorcycle in Wu Long temple and walk along the concrete road. Honestly, this part is boring because it is quite long and slanting. This road is for farmers to carry cargo from the farms. But I’m not sure my motorcycle is powerful enough to climb up though this road so I decided to go by foot. Anyway, it took me about 2 hours to arrive the entry of Lie Ying Jian. I had been tired, in fact, since I don’t exercise often.

The exciting part began. I knew that the path of Lei Ying Jian is not easy, honestly, it is quite hard. I thought the hard part is short but I was wrong. It is hard from start to end in the trail of Lei Ying Jian. I had considered to go back before accident happened but I didn’t want to waste 2 hours for the boring trip before so I had been praying in my whole journey. The trail was mostly made of a pair of wood or bamboo sticks. Some of them was broken. I felt the shaking of woods while I was passing over. All I had was a string tied up along with the walls and the other side was precipices. Sometimes, I needed to climb up and down on a slope more than 60 degrees for meters. I was so focusing on the path where I was going that I forgot the views beside me until I saw the the tip of falcon.

“That’s what I come for”, I said to myself.


Finally, I arrived and saw a sign. It said, “ A thin strip of sky”, which means there is a narrow valley that a person can nearly pass thought. When I was there, I found it is narrower and deeper than I thought. I could feel the dignity which makes this place mysterious. Climbing down about 3rd-floor height, I reached the end of the road. The scene in the bottom was more amazing than that of in the top. I took a little rest while enjoying the view. Then, two people, one male and one female, came by. It seems like they had been here once. They didn’t climb down because they thought it is too steep. They turned back when they were just at the entrance of a thin strip of sky.

I took another path next to the sign when I walk back. Two people that I met before seems to come here from this path. Coming back was another feeling for me. I didn’t feel as terrible as coming. Maybe I knew that each step of going back made me closer to the safe place unlike coming. I had no idea when I would meet the goal when I was coming. The trail was not wide either and also made of woods or bamboos. Not too long, I saw the entry where I came and I sigh.

This trail is the most difficult path that I’ve ever been. I was glad I survived from this trip. I felt weakness in a sudden. Maybe I was too tired and frightened. I kept thinking if accident have happened, I would never be rescued because I didn’t tell anyone that I would be here. Two people I met before came out from the entrance. They drove there. They asked, “Would you need a ride?” Of course, I did because I was too weak to go back to my motorcycle. Driving is much faster than I thought. I arrived at my motorcycle in a short while. Saying good bye to the two kind people, I rode back home.

Anyway, I’m still glad that I came even this trip was dangerous. I’ve seen the most breathtaking scenery which is priceless experience for me. I like it and I enjoy it. If I knew it is this difficult, I would never have gut to come. I’m surprised by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment