Thursday, October 28, 2010

Steps to improve English language skills

Hi Friends...I am very happy to talk with you by using this blog..Let me introduce myself first before moving to subject..I am Arjunan from Tamilnadu .I had finished my Engineering.This is My life few years back..Till 10th Standard i don't know even a single sentence to write or talk in English.

When i was joining the college,I came to know how the English communication plays a very important role.Many of my friends used to tease me a lot because i was from Tamil medium(local Language).From that day itself i have started to improve my skills.I have been improving my skills since 2005.I had a lot of obstacles when i was improving my skills.Many students are suffering a lot to improve Communication skills.

Follow these steps given below(It is from my experience).I am sure ,one day you will become master in that language.

1.Try to be very patience to improve your language skills.It is not a over night process.It is STEP BY STEP process.

2.Vocabulary is very important for any language.So take steps to improve Your vocabulary.Try to watch BBC, CNN IBN,NDTV,Times Now which helps a lot to improve your skills.Try to listen a news minimum for 30 minutes.you can improve your listening skills.you will find many unknown words.Try to put a separate Notebook and write down those words.

Example:-
```````````
Compile - Select ,Collect

Ex - The police have compiled a list of suspects.
It is the easiest way to remember the words.Read minimum 5 words.Try to use that word in Conversations.
If you cultivate the following habits,You can find many new words.

*Reading News papers

*Watching News or English movies.

3.Pronunciation is very important in English.Many softwares are available in net,Download it.

* Wordweb(it is a dictionary which helps to know the meanings and gives a pronunciation)

*Speech(you can find this in your system(control panel).

4.Grammar.Don't Read too much grammar,Try to know the basics which is more than enough to talk.

*Tenses

*Voices(active voice & passive voice)

*Conditional Sentence

5. Don't be Shy...Practice is the key to Enhance your skills..Practice Practice Practice as much as possible..

I am sure,One day you will post your experience like me in your Blog..

Bye Friends..

Arjunan.S

1 comment:

  1. welcome to join my blog. I am very happy about it. I am sure that your English ability is better than mine. Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete